A graduation application and fee must be submitted to graduate from Barton even if a student is not participating in the commencement ceremony. Apply for Graduation.
The Commencement Ceremony is held in May for the Barton County campus (Great Bend) and in May/June for the Fort Riley and Fort Leavenworth campuses. Those invited to participate in the ceremony at the Barton County campus are graduates (certificates and degrees) from the prior summer and fall semesters, as well as, the current spring applicants.
Graduation ceremony information for the Barton County campus is posted on the Barton website. Diplomas are mailed approximately 8 weeks after final audits are conducted on both certificates and degrees. Need a duplicate diploma? Contact Enrollment Services at 620-792-9252.
Graduation Application Priority Deadlines
- February 1 for Spring Graduation
- June 1 for Summer Graduation
- September 1 for Fall Graduation
General Requirements for Degree Candidates
- Application completed online and graduation fee paid
- A minimum of 15 hours of Barton hours
- Must achieve a minimum of 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Must have an official high school transcript on file at Barton. If not available, review Barton's ATB academic policy.
Students seeking a certificate from Barton must have completed at least 25% of the required courses from Barton.
Graduating with Honors
- Highest Honors - If you complete all requirements for an associate's degree with a GPA of 3.7 or above, you will graduate with highest honors.
- Honors - If you complete all requirements with a GPA of 3.5 to 3.69, you will graduate with honors.
- Eligibility - To be eligible for Honors or Highest Honors, you must complete 15 credit hours at Barton.
- President's List - The President's List is published at the end of every semester. To be eligible, you must successfully complete at least 12 semester hours of college-level course work with a GPA of 4.0.
- Dean's List - The Dean's List is published at the end of every semester. To be eligible, you must successfully complete at least 12 semester hours of college-level course work with a GPA of 3.5 to 3.99.